With New York Fashion Week in full swing, we’re keeping an eye on all the hottest nail trends to hit the runway. Here’s a few of our top picks that we’ve had our eye on. Can you guess which look was seen at which show? Your options are Rebecca Minkoff, TIBI, Christian Siriano, Libertine, Wes Gordon, Karen Walker, and Alexander Wang. Answers at the bottom!
1. Kendall Jenner’s dark, gothic look created waves on the runway. Her beige, matte nails took a different direction on the nude polish trend, classing up an unconventional look!
2. This zig-zag pattern was created using the Essie shades Midnight Cami ($8.50) and Berry Naughty ($8.50) for this ultra trendy show. (Hint: Essie recently hired this label’s head as their first ever Global Color Designer.)
3. Jamberry created this hunter green to black ombré nail look inspired by this designers jungle-themed collection.
4. This eye-catching nail design by CND worked beautifully in conjunction with this line’s assortment of glittering fashion and high-impact styles. The nail art used a variety of gold studs, 600 feet of gold chain and 110 individually sculpted shark teeth.
5. Nail polish impresario Jin Soon created a sapphire & steel, metallic nail for this show which showcased rich colors and dynamic patterns. Try JINsoon Heirloom to get this turquoise look for yourself!
6. Essie hit the ball out of the park again with this dark, stone-cold style. To get the same look, apply Essie’s Matte About You on top of two coats of Smokin’ Hot. Then, finish the look by painting a thick verticle line with Sexy Divide from the center of the nail, up to the tip.
7. This show revamped the French mani into a “snow-tipped neutral nail” for a sophisticated and simple look to mimic the icy colors and textures used in its collection.
- Alexander Wang
- Rebecca Minkoff
- Christian Siriano
- Karen Walker
- Wes Gordon