To take a page from Taylor Swift’s book, is it just me or is Chrissy Teigen, like, fully LIVING right now? This supermodel is one celebrity who clearly gets that life is so much more than red carpets, runways, and riches — as evidenced by her candid and hilarious Instagram account. Chrissy seems like an awesome inspiration and role model for how to embrace life. But, more than that, she seems like someone who would be a kickass friend.
Here, 16 reasons why I want Chrissy to become my new BFF:
1. She somehow finds the energy and motivation to cook a healthy meal after a 12-hour workday (as host of the upcoming show, “Lip Sync Battle“). Maybe when we’re BFFs, that trait will rub off on me?
12 hours of #lipsyncbattle and hyped enough to make soup
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onMar 8, 2015 at 12:47am PST
2. She’s not afraid to take beauty risks — and have fun with them. (And seriously, her hair looks good any color.)
ARRRRR @davidlopezhair @sjblife @joshrotten
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 26, 2015 at 9:11am PST
3. She gives credit where credit is due — and in the process, reminds us that celebs don’t wake up like this, thank God. (Well, maybe Beyoncé does.)
I take credit for none of this. Best team ever â¤ï¸â¤ï¸â¤ï¸ you @bartolistyle, @1maryphillips and @giannandrea1 thank you for all your hands and eyeballs and fun and love
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 23, 2015 at 8:44am PST
4. She has a heart and uses her enormous social media platform to make the world a better place.
1 in 9 people around the world lack access to clean water. Please join @stellaartois to see how you can help #BuyALadyADrink
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 21, 2015 at 12:31pm PST
5. She understands that cheese makes every dish better. I’m not 100% certain what she’s cooking, but doesn’t it look yummy?
A video posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 8, 2015 at 11:02am PST
6. She embraces her eccentricities. In public.
A video posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 1, 2015 at 5:05pm PST
7. She can laugh at herself and her now infamous “ugly cry face.” (But seriously, if any of my “ugly” faces looked like that, I’d print out 11×14 photos of them and hang them all over my walls.)
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onJan 11, 2015 at 6:14pm PST
8. She isn’t afraid to reveal that even supermodels get dry skin. (I get dry skin, too, Chrissy! Twinsies!)
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onJan 3, 2015 at 9:17pm PST
9. She’ll never outgrow her inner five-year-old, which means she’ll never become old and boring.
“How many kids are you buying for?” asked the clerk
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onDec 18, 2014 at 4:25pm PST
10. No seriously, cheese makes everything better. Just succumb. Chrissy does.
I gotta say, it’s better with a cracker
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onNov 13, 2014 at 11:01pm PST
11. She knows that any holiday is an excuse to make — and eat — funny-looking junk food. Everything in moderation, right?
White chocolate truffle eyeballs. How weird would this be if I made them on any other day of the year?
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onOct 31, 2014 at 9:19pm PDT
12. She’s figured out how to make healthy food less boring. And I’m willing to guess she — like me — makes up songs about everything, not just spaghetti squash.
Spaghetti squash song + below deck finale
A video posted by @chrissyteigen onOct 21, 2014 at 7:21pm PDT
13. Really: CHEESE.
Thank you, @okmagazine! Everyone make my damn guac it’s bommmmmb because CHEESE
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onAug 14, 2014 at 3:05pm PDT
14. She proves that everyone looks like a clown in the early stages of contouring. We’re not alone!
Taped Queen Latifa today! Thank you contour master @1maryphillips and amazing @giannandrea1!! You both have too much talent dammit
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onMay 2, 2014 at 5:14pm PDT
15. Her ponytail game is on point. (It’s probs not real, but whatever.)
My nips, this pony and wine and I are on @chelsealately tonight! â¤ï¸ @jenatkinhair @1maryphillips @highheelprncess
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onJul 15, 2014 at 4:22pm PDT
16. She clearly understands pets are the key to a lifetime of happiness.
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onOct 1, 2014 at 4:12pm PDT
READ MORE: 5 Fitness Moves Victoria’s Secret Angels Love
READ MORE: 4 Easy Victoria’s Secret Models’ Hairstyles to Try at Home