To take a page from Taylor Swift’s book, is it just me or is Chrissy Teigen, like, fully LIVING right now? This supermodel is one celebrity who clearly gets that life is so much more than red carpets, runways, and riches — as evidenced by her candid and hilarious Instagram account. Chrissy seems like an awesome inspiration and role model for how to embrace life. But, more than that, she seems like someone who would be a kickass friend.
Here, 16 reasons why I want Chrissy to become my new BFF:
1. She somehow finds the energy and motivation to cook a healthy meal after a 12-hour workday (as host of the upcoming show, “Lip Sync Battle“). Maybe when we’re BFFs, that trait will rub off on me?
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onMar 8, 2015 at 12:47am PST
2. She’s not afraid to take beauty risks — and have fun with them. (And seriously, her hair looks good any color.)
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 26, 2015 at 9:11am PST
3. She gives credit where credit is due — and in the process, reminds us that celebs don’t wake up like this, thank God. (Well, maybe Beyoncé does.)
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 23, 2015 at 8:44am PST
4. She has a heart and uses her enormous social media platform to make the world a better place.
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 21, 2015 at 12:31pm PST
5. She understands that cheese makes every dish better. I’m not 100% certain what she’s cooking, but doesn’t it look yummy?
A video posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 8, 2015 at 11:02am PST
6. She embraces her eccentricities. In public.
A video posted by @chrissyteigen onFeb 1, 2015 at 5:05pm PST
7. She can laugh at herself and her now infamous “ugly cry face.” (But seriously, if any of my “ugly” faces looked like that, I’d print out 11×14 photos of them and hang them all over my walls.)
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onJan 11, 2015 at 6:14pm PST
8. She isn’t afraid to reveal that even supermodels get dry skin. (I get dry skin, too, Chrissy! Twinsies!)
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onJan 3, 2015 at 9:17pm PST
9. She’ll never outgrow her inner five-year-old, which means she’ll never become old and boring.
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onDec 18, 2014 at 4:25pm PST
10. No seriously, cheese makes everything better. Just succumb. Chrissy does.
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onNov 13, 2014 at 11:01pm PST
11. She knows that any holiday is an excuse to make — and eat — funny-looking junk food. Everything in moderation, right?
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onOct 31, 2014 at 9:19pm PDT
12. She’s figured out how to make healthy food less boring. And I’m willing to guess she — like me — makes up songs about everything, not just spaghetti squash.
A video posted by @chrissyteigen onOct 21, 2014 at 7:21pm PDT
13. Really: CHEESE.
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onAug 14, 2014 at 3:05pm PDT
14. She proves that everyone looks like a clown in the early stages of contouring. We’re not alone!
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onMay 2, 2014 at 5:14pm PDT
15. Her ponytail game is on point. (It’s probs not real, but whatever.)
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onJul 15, 2014 at 4:22pm PDT
16. She clearly understands pets are the key to a lifetime of happiness.
A photo posted by @chrissyteigen onOct 1, 2014 at 4:12pm PDT