Eat Pretty this Thanksgiving with a delicious dinner that’s guilt-free and sans glut (and gut!). Mix up your traditional holiday recipes by preparing your favorite ingredients in new, healthy, and beauty-enhancing ways based on the Cleveland Clinic’s Lifestyle 180 program. These recipes are 100-percent whole grain with no trans fats and contain only minimal amounts of saturated fat and added sugars.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- 3 cups packed mixed mesclun or spring greens
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup walnut halves, raw or pan-roasted
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled farmer cheese
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, garlic, and soy sauce; mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Toss greens with dressing, cranberries, and walnuts.
- Arrange on serving plates; top with cheese.
Makes two servings.