A strong cardiovascular system will keep your skin better nourished and ward off wrinkles longer. There are lots of ways to a healthier heart, but one of the most fun tactics is building a repertoire of really good eats. Treat your body, and your skin to this healthy, protein-packed meal.
Roasted Chicken with Pesto Gemelli
Why it’s great:
Whole-grain pasta, asparagus and olive oil decrease the inflammatory gremlins, which age your arteries.
What you’ll need:
- 4 oz. whole-grain Gemelli pasta
- 6 oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp dried Herbes de Provence
- ¼ cup low-salt chicken broth
- ½ bunch (about 7 oz.) asparagus spears, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 Tbs prepared reduced-fat basil pesto
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Optional garnish: parsley, fresh basil, grated Asiago, toasted pine nuts
How to make it:
Heat broiler. Cook pasta according to package directions. Cut chicken into one-inch chunks. Toss with dried herbs and olives, spread out on nonstick jelly-roll pan to coat lightly with oil. Broil five to six inches from heat for six minutes. Keep broiling four minutes or until chicken is cooked through and asparagus is crisp-tender. Move cooked pasta to colander to drain. Add pesto, broth, salt and pepper to pot. Top with optional ingredients.
Nutritional Info Per Serving:
Fat 12.5 grams
Aging fats 4.9 grams
Fiber 1.8 grams
Carbs 18.7 grams
Protein 29 grams
Sodium 808 milligrams
Potassium 84 milligrams