As far as we’re concerned, it doesn’t count as a weekend until you have a good cocktail. And sometimes it’s just too hard to choose – do you go with the jalapeno mimosa? The peach-sweetened bourbon? Or a classic margarita?
Good news: Deep Eddy Vodka has crafted us the Ruby Slipper, a spicy-sweet concoction that mixes their naturally flavored grapefruit vodka with fruits and habanero spices. The best part is, you can drink vodka and drink locally: Deep Eddy Vodka is made in an Austin, Texas distillery with premium fruit juices, essential oils, natural sweeteners, and local Austin honey. Happy swilling!
Deep Eddy Vodka’s Ruby Slipper (serves one)
- 2 oz Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka
- 4 raspberries
- 1 thin (de-seeded) habanero clove
- 1/2 oz fresh Watermelon juice (you can find this at high end groceries or juice yourself)
- 2 basil leaves
- Splash of club soda
- Muddle the raspberries and habanero clove. (Here’s how to muddle, in case you missed that day of class.)
- Combine all ingredients, including one of the basil leaves, and shake vigorously with ice.
- Strain over fresh ice.
- Top with club soda and add the other basil leaf as garnish.