Eat Pretty this Thanksgiving with a delicious dinner that’s guilt-free and sans glut (and gut!). Mix up your traditional holiday recipes by preparing your favorite ingredients in new, healthy and beauty-enhancing ways based on the Cleveland Clinic’s Lifestyle 180 program. These recipes are 100-percent whole grain with no trans fats and contain only minimal amounts of saturated fat and added sugars.Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup finely diced white button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups zucchini
- 4 tablespoons vegenaise
- 1 teaspoon Cholula hot sauce
- 3 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup finely diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely diced orange pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2/3 cup finely chopped sundried tomato, reconstituted
- 1/2 cup whole wheat panko bread crumbs
- Sauté the diced mushrooms in olive oil in a sauté pan until slighlty browned.
- Add zucchini and sauté about 2 minutes until zucchini just bcomes tender but still crisp.
- Remove from pan, place in bowl, and refrigerate until cool.
- In a medium-size bowl, combine Vegenaise, Cholula hot sauce, and parsley and mix.
- Add remaining ingredients except for pank and mix.
- Add panko crumbs and mix until all the ingredients are moistened.
Recipe makes eight servings.