All the sun and salt water we’ve been enjoying all summer? Great for us, not so fun for our hair. If too many beach days has turned your hair from a glowy brunette to a moisture-free bronde, try Cutler/Redken stylist Micki Charles’ super simple DIY recipe to nourish those locks.
- Choose any virgin, organic oil. (We love coconut and almond!)
- Add a few drops of rosemary or lavender oil to add more shine and boost the relaxation factor.
- Warm the oil on your stove slowly, without reaching a simmer or boil.
- Massage the warm oil onto your hair and scalp. Cover with a plastic shower cap. If you have fine hair, use only on your ends.
- Leave this treatment on for 15 minutes and rinse with a gentle shampoo.
The vacay for your hair should also include heat-free styling, aka drop those tools. Micki recommends massaging a mouse-to-gel styler like Redken Stay High 18 into towel-dried hair, then braiding. Once it’s dry, let it loose and shake it out for beach waves – no damage control needed.
READ MORE: How to Air Dry Your Hair to Perfect Waves