Bolting from one event to the next with zero time to primp? We’ve got you covered. When you’re frazzled and strapped for time, try some of these speedy hacks to touch up your look on the go and get through the rest of your day feeling like the true glowing goddess you are — no matter how many times you spill coffee on your shirt or trip in your heels trying to make it to a meeting on time.
At The Office
1. Swipe on some tinted lip balm. A tinted balm is low-maintenance enough to be applied in a flash during crunch time before a deadline, when there are no free seconds to linger in front of a mirror between spreadsheets.
2. Freshen your lashes with Vaseline. One of Vaseline’s many lesser-known uses is as on-the-fly mascara. Smooth it onto your lashes for instant lush shine.
READ MORE: 20 Surprising Ways To Use Vaseline
3. Make dry shampoo your best friend. When you spend as much of your life in the office as most 9-to-5ers do, the odds are pretty high that your coworkers will see your hair at its worst every now and then. Bad hair days happen. So does oversleeping. That’s what dry shampoo is for! Keep it on hand for an easy boost for bedraggled hair.
At The Gym
4. Avoid creases and get a great volume boost with a workout-ready updo. If you want to preserve a blowout or simply don’t have time to wash your hair between the gym and whatever you’ve got going on afterward, be choosy in how you style your hair. Put hair into a bun rather than a ponytail, and if your texture allows for it, secure it with bobby pins rather than an elastic. If that won’t fly, opt for a crease-free hair tie.
5. Knock out post-workout frizz. Smooth an anti-frizz sheet across your hair to eliminate any flyways that turned up during your sweat session.
6. Rejuvenate your face on the fly. Break out facial cleansing wipes after an intense workout to get yourself sweat-free, fresh-faced and ready for whatever your day hurls at you next.
On A Date
7. Give yourself a glow. When time is off the essence, highlighter will give you the most oomph for your effort. Apply it to the high planes of your face that would naturally catch the light, like your cheekbones, the center of your nose, or your brow bones. Instant sunshine!
8. Try tightlining to make your lashes look fuller. This subtle eyeliner trick creates thicker-looking lashes in no time. Glide a gel or pencil eyeliner along the waterline beneath your lashes (instead of lining above them) to create a visual trick that boosts your mascara game.
9. Add some eye shimmer. Apply an illuminator to the inner corner of your eyes for a well-rested sheen.
10. Try a not-so-messy twist on the infamous Messy Bun. For those mornings when you just want to roll out of bed ten minutes before your 8 a.m. class while still looking like a functional human being, try one of these three simple bun looks. Instant strand recovery!
11. Make your lipstick multitask. Dab a small amount of lipstick on your cheeks and blend for quick, easy blush.
12. Let concealer save the day. If you’re exhausted from late nights spent studying, dab on a bit of concealer. It can bring new life to your face!