If you’re plagued by repeated sleepless nights and counting sheep above your bed simply isn’t doing the trick, we may just have found your answer to finally getting a restful night. One man, Dr. Andrew Weil, has found a breathing trick to have you passed out within seconds.
Dr. Weil advises using what he calls, “The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise” which was inspired by yoga and its breathing practices. In a YouTube video, Dr. Weil explains that “The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise is utterly simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere”.
Here are Dr. Weil’s written instructions:
1) Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
2) Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
3) Hold your breath for a count of seven.
4) Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
5) This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.