Standout Beauty Nutrient: 70mg of vitamin C, or 116% RDA
Beauty Benefits: Helps build collagen, your skin’s structural framework. Strong collagen prevents wrinkle formation.
Bonus Nutrients: The lycopene in tomatoes is in the caretonoid family, and may promote antioxidant activity that fights aging free radicals in the body.
- 1 can(s) (28 ounces) crushed or diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup(s) tomato juice
- 1 cup(s) diced unpeeled cucumber
- 1 cup(s) diced red or orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) red onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch(es) cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 dash(es) (or to taste) hot red pepper sauce
- 2 clove(s) garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Optional garnishes: chopped fresh parsely, diced avocado
- Place all ingredients except salt, pepper and garnishes in large bowl and combine.
- Coarsely puree about half the mixture in a blender or food processor and return it to the bowl; stir well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours before serving.
- Garnish as desired.
Total Fat 12.1g
Saturated Fat 1.8g
Total Carbohydrate 19.2g
Dietary Fiber 4.6g
This is a Go! Food, which meets beautifying nutritional criteria.