Bone broth has been around for generations as a natural remedy against cold and a very natural way to get healthy fast. It became popular in recent years due to the many benefits it provides for strong joints, healthy hair and skin, a robust immune system, and as a natural collagen source.
All these benefits get extracted when cooking bones, meat, and vegetables for several hours! The beef or chicken-based stock can be used as a soup base, to steam vegetables in or savored on its own.
Besides collagen, the bone broth contains essential amino acids which aid in our body functioning its best.
Delicious hearty bone broth recipe
You will need :
- Chicken or beef bones (from a healthy source)
- 2 bay leaves, dried
- 2 springs of fresh thyme
- Approximately 5 peppercorns, black
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- Submerge in filtered water
Some added flavors of your choice:
1. You will either need a slow cooker or a large stockpot. Place the bones into the pot, cover with water, add apple cider vinegar and cook for at least 2 hours on medium heat.
2. Some impurities will rise as the bones are cooking. Skim that foamy part to leave the clear looking broth.
3. Add all your veggies and aromatics and cook for an additional 6 hours on low heat.
4. Once the broth finishes cooking, allow it to cool slightly and strain through a fine strainer. Serve or store in the fridge up to a week. You can also freeze it for later. Enjoy!
Bone broth is beneficial to every part of your body. It’s good for your brain function, muscles and joints, ligaments, and cartilage.
If you’re planning on having it alone as a drink, you’ll get all the benefits of its low-calorie high mineral and electrolytes content. No wonder it’s so popular with keto-dieters!