Looking for a savory, vegan side dish for your Thanksgiving table? This delicious, flavorful pumpkin soup from Almond Breeze by Blue Diamond Almonds is enhanced with a little kick of curry and it’s dairy-free. A few other substitutions make it the perfect menu option free of animal products.
Vegan Curried Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Prep time: 20 minutes, Cook time: 40 minutes
- 3 Tbsp buttery spread (choose a dairy-free option)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 large ripe pear, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Coconut Almond Breeze
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley and Naan Bread Croutons (recipe follows)
Melt buttery spread in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add vegetables and cook for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley and croutons and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Let cool slightly and carefully puree with a stick blender or in a blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and ladle into bowls. Top with parsley and croutons. Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Naan Bread Croutons: Toss 1 1/2 cups small pieces naan bread with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread on a baking sheet and bake at 425 F for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp.