Standout Beauty Nutrient: 21mg of Copper, or 10.3% RDA.Beauty Benefits: The spinach and shiitake mushrooms add to the copper content of the LST. This helps to rid aging free radicals, works with collagen production and produces the skin pigment melanin to protect against UV damage. It also helps to maintain hair color and luster through melanin (hair pigment) production, while proving instrumental for healthy nail growth.Bonus Nutrients: All the nutrients you’re absorbing will keep you feeling full longer thanks to the high fiber content of the LST.Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup Shiitake Mushrooms – quarters
- 2 slices 100% Whole Grain Bread
- 8 Spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon Non Dairy Mayonnaise
- 2 Tomato slices
- Salt and Pepper
- Heat a non stick skillet with half the oil, add shitake mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and sauté until caramelized to obtain umami flavor.
- Set mushrooms aside. Evenly coat bottom of pan with remaining oil, add bread, lightly toast on both sides and remove.
- Assemble sandwich by applying two teaspoons non dairy mayonnaise to both pieces of bread top with spinach, tomato slices and mushrooms cut in half and enjoy.
Courtesy of Lifestyle 180, Cleveland Clinic. This is a Go! Food, which meets beautifying nutritional criteria.