Standout Beauty Nutrient: 51mg of Magnesium and 13% RDA.
Beauty Benefits: Beans provide magnesium, which works with your body to boost good cholesterol (HDLs) and lowers bad cholesterol (LDLs). It’s also key to the production of energy which gives you the bounce to exercise.
Bonus Nutrients: This vegetarian dish provides iron, which helps maintain healthy blood flow for your face and whole body.
- 15 oz of canned, unsalted white kidney (cannellini) beans
- 1 Tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 fresh garlic cloves
- ½ tsp of dried dill weed
- ½ tsp of fresh rosemary
- Saute garlic and dill (or other herb) in the olive oil for a few minutes. Add white beans (undrained) and heat, mashing them with a wooden spoon or other available safe utensil as you go.
- When thickened into the consistency of a paste (in 10-15 minutes), remove from heat.
- Serve warm or cold as a dip with fresh veggies, on top of grilled chicken, as the spread for a “gourmet” sandwich. The bean dip can be refrigerated after.