Standout Beauty Nutrient: 1.21 IU of vitamin E, or about 5.4% RDABeauty Benefits: Sunflower seeds and almonds give you vitamin E, which should be eaten naturally rather than getting your dose through a supplement. Having vitamin E in your diet can enhance scalp circulation, which promotes healthy hair growth.Bonus Nutrients:Almonds are high in manganese, which helps to stabilize blood sugar, build stronger bones and could protect aging-free radical damage.Ingredients
- 1 pound(s) jicama
- 2 cup(s) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 Fuji apples
- 3 3 pears (variety of colors)
- 1/2 cup(s) raisins, red or yellow
- 1/2 cup(s) almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 cup(s) red grapes
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted sunflower seeds
- 12 ounce(s) grapeseed oil Vegenaise
QUIZ: Measure Your Beauty Nutrients HerePreparation
- Peel the jicama; as you dice the jicama, place it in a bowl with pineapple juice to prevent browning for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the jicama, reserving the liquid to be used for the other fruit.
- Wash and dice the apples, placing them in a bowl with the reserved pineapple juice to prevent browning about 2 minutes.
- Drain the apples, reserving the liquid.
- Wash and dice the pears, placing them in a bowl with the reserved pineapple juice to prevent browning.
- Let the pears soak in the pineapple juice while you wash and cut the grapes in half.
- Drain the pears, reserving the liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine and mix all the ingredients and toss with Vegenaise.
Recipe developed by Cleveland Clinic Lifestyle 180 program. This is a Go! Food, which meets beautifying nutritional criteria.