Rosemary Almond Cake with Olive Oil and Orange Zest Recipe
- One 9” spring form cake pan, well oiled with extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1⁄2 cup raw honey — less if not using raw
- 4 cups almond meal, or finely ground blanched almonds
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup 2% Greek yogurt
- Zest of two (blood) oranges, chopped
- 1 heaping Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat eggs with a pinch of salt for 3 minutes. Add honey to eggs and beat for another three minutes. Fold in almond meal. Fold in olive oil, yogurt, orange zest and rosemary. Pour into pan and bake for 30-33 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let rest on a rack and then carefully remove from cake pan, using a knife to peel away bottom. Eat warm or save by covering with foil. It will stay moist for several days. Enjoy!
Look here for more healthy recipes from YouBeauty.com!