Cooking-challenged? No problem. As long as you know how to turn on your oven, just about anyone can make this effortlessly impressive salmon dish. Even better? It’s good for you, packed with filling protein and omega-3 fatty acids for glowing skin.
If you want to make the recipe for lots of people, just “bread” the salmon ahead of time and keep it in fridge until you’re ready. Then cook as instructed.
Want to make it just for yourself? Go ahead and make the pistachio mixture and freeze most of it. Use a small portion for just one piece of fish. Go back to your freezer when you want more.
Pistachio Crusted Salmon Recipe (serves 6)
- 2 pounds salmon, cut into 6 equal vertical slices
- 3⁄4 cup shelled pistachios, roasted and salted
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated or shredded pecorino romano
- Freshly ground pepper, about 60 grinds of the pepper mill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Lemons for squeezing when done
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place pistachio in food processor and “pulse” until they are ground up. You want them in a small grind, but not a powder. It’s okay if there is unevenness, meaning some bits are a little bigger; that will add texture.
- Place the pistachios in a bowl along with pecorino, pepper and lemon zest. Mix with your fingers.
- Place each salmon piece in the nut mixture, one at a time, and gently press down until all sides are coated with this yumminess. Lay salmon pieces, on their sides, on top of parchment paper, making sure they don’t touch.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
READ MORE: 7 Calorie-Cutting “Skinny Hacks” For Healthier Mac ‘n Cheese